Which one?

Oct 2012
the wasteland east anglia
I took my T out yesterday 100 mile ride out and towards the end after being parked in full sun for 2 hours mine was stalling whilst waiting at jnc s

this is exactly the first symptoms of a fooked stator or in the process of breaking down that I encountered last time .

so we could be in the same boat dude !!!!

Oct 2018
United Kingdom
I took my T out yesterday 100 mile ride out and towards the end after being parked in full sun for 2 hours mine was stalling whilst waiting at jnc s

this is exactly the first symptoms of a fooked stator or in the process of breaking down that I encountered last time .

so we could be in the same boat dude !!!!
Yeah same here, go down the box aproaching a junction and it would cut out, and the last time I rode it it just didn't feel right, brought it home and put the meter on it and it wasn't charging. I put the new stator in last week (took ages to come from China) I've only managed a quick 30 mile blast so far, but weather permitting I'll blast across Exmoor tomorrow, and we'll see how it goes.
Thing is if I spend on the proper repair I've still only got a 3 grand bike, but its hit my pocket for a lot more, what with the fuel pump last year, 2 cheap stators, a wheel speed sensor etc,etc. Whereas if I chop it in, as long as its running I should see around 2k, so in my mind I'm better off spending that money on a different bike

Oct 2012
totally agree !! not a good feeling going out for a blast and not knowing whether youre gonna make it home !!

will check the charging status tonight !! I bought a " topdon " battery load tester a couple of month ago and to my mind it I £ 35 well spent ,

easy to check the charging circuit !!

Oct 2012
totally agree !! not a good feeling going out for a blast and not knowing whether youre gonna make it home !!

will check the charging status tonight !! I bought a " topdon " battery load tester a couple of month ago and to my mind it I £ 35 well spent ,

easy to check the charging circuit !!

Jun 2013
United Kingdom
Hi sheep ,I went from a gen 2 to a 2011 v4 which did 11k traded it for a 2014 v4 did 5k lots of trackdays not one problem not the most comfortable but a brilliant bike,now got 2009 factory which is a cracking bike,but my knees have had it so I’m thinking of selling it and retiring ,had a Bmw don’t think you would buy one over a v4,good luck which ever way you go.

Feb 2020
Harrogate, UK
I just sold my s1000r 2016 plate to release some cash and bought a 2011 Tuono V4 APRC with all the major work and issues they had, sorted. Hope I made a wise choice.

I loved my s1000r but I always thought the electronic suspension was a bit gimmickie and could have been so much better with a fully adjustable set up. I fell right into the weight range for it as well.

Get my Tuono tomorrow and can't wait for the weather to improve.

Nov 2019
Malaysia
2014 is the last 1000 v4 before they update the engine to 1100. It has bigger tanks but still using sachs suspension. I've only owned one for 10000kms and so far the only issue I had was the fuel filter was dirty. Interestingly the dealer said they cleaned it and until now there's no more problem. The only problem is controlling my right hand :p