Thanks Tree2Thanks
  • 1 Post By hilift
  • 1 Post By chris13

Thread: Common as muck

Common as muck

I must be, it would appear that I have a typical gen 2 tuono, Fresh from repairing the electrical maladies on my T I now have the clocks misting up and an ornamental rear brake lever.
    I've had a little search but I can't find anything on the clocks, has anyone got a fix? I mean I can read the speedo and rev counter so its not going to stop me riding it, but would it fail an MOT? besides it is annoying.
    And I've seen somewhere (although I don't remember where) that the fix for the rear brake is moving/ replacing the m/c but I don't know where or with what, Don't really want to have to swap the rearsets if I can help it as I quite like the riding position where it is, espescially now I can actually take it out all day and not need a very nice man to get me home
    Just out of interest has anyone had an MOT fail for the back brake?

GP Champ
    keep the clock out of the sun . ?? seems to work for me . back brake is just for show ............. get used to it. but will hold you back if you press hard enough.

GP Champ
    sheep !! the answer to the rear brake issue is to convert it from an ornamental item to a fully functioning velocity retarder .

with a rear set kit , this effectively moves the horizontal master cylinder in the heat flow , to an upright position in the cool breeze .

theres loads on the market from cheap to ridiculous money . check out flea bay !! ( remember late rsv stuff fits too )

the cure for the misting clocks is a very small 2mm hole drilled in the bottom of the clock case . out of the air stream and out of sight .
    removal of clocks is necessary for this .
    exact hole location is some where central just near the ignition switch in the clock case top .
    Thanks from Sheep

GP Champ
    just remembered what my rear sets are ( its an age thing poor memory !!! ).

they are sato racing , excellent quality ,all nicely machined pieces and easy to fit as they come with good instructions ( not that I need then as im a bloke !! haha .

My clocks used to mist, as hilift says theres a step by step tutorial somewhere on girglenet which shows you the 2mm hole fix.
    Thanks from Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by hector View Post
    keep the clock out of the sun . ?? seems to work for me . back brake is just for show ............. get used to it. but will hold you back if you press hard enough.
    Lol I only ride it when the sun is out, and the back brake doesn't even hold me on a slight incline.

Mine used to mist up too, so when parked up in the sun, I put a piece of cloth over it.
    Used to bleed the rear brake pre mot time.

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...uges-part-deux

I did this fix and it worked to a point, not perfect but a definite improvement.

The rear brake is a pia, did the weight on the lever thing, did the caliper off and bleed nipple to the top thing but ended up purposely using it every time I was coming to a stop.

It did work and stayed working,,,,,,,,,not brilliantly but it worked.