Thread: Help with oz wheels 🙏🏻

Help with oz wheels 🙏🏻

Hi dudes,
    Can anyone help Iíve got a pair of aprilia rsv r oz wheels which are blue and would like to have them the same colour as the racing Tuono are they anodised or gloss white is it possible to powder coat them as Iíve read the heat my compromise the magnesium ? If so how where the original racing Tuono wheels coloured white?

Cheers
    Kev👍

Ollerton Center of Sherwood Forest North Notts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkev75 View Post
    Hi dudes,
    Can anyone help Iíve got a pair of aprilia rsv r oz wheels which are blue and would like to have them the same colour as the racing Tuono are they anodised or gloss white is it possible to powder coat them as Iíve read the heat my compromise the magnesium ? If so how where the original racing Tuono wheels coloured white?

Cheers
    Kev👍

Just had a look on tinternet, I am in engineering and I know that Titanium & magnesium have there benefits but for example Titanium is a bastard to weld;

Magnesium metal and its alloys are explosive hazards; they are highly flammable in their pure form when molten or in powder or in ribbon form. Burning or molten magnesium metal reacts violently with water. When working with powdered magnesium, safety glasses with welding eye protection are employed, because the bright white light produced by burning magnesium contains ultraviolet light that can permanently damage the retinas of the eyes.