Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By reckless

Thread: side stand

  1. #1
    Evil Twin leslie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ollerton Center of Sherwood Forest North Notts
    Posts
    391

    side stand

    ia am buying a 08 Gen 2 Tuono, it is years since I last owned a Tuono.

    My last Tuono I can remember the side stand always made me uneasy and I swapped for a fireblade side stand.

    does anybody know which model fireblade fits the Tuono.

    Leslie

  2. #2
    roy
    roy is offline
    Superbike Twin roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    lancashire United Kingdom
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by leslie View Post
    ia am buying a 08 Gen 2 Tuono, it is years since I last owned a Tuono.

    My last Tuono I can remember the side stand always made me uneasy and I swapped for a fireblade side stand.

    does anybody know which model fireblade fits the Tuono.

    Leslie
    It's the 04-07 Fireblade that you want or a USA spec gen 2 Rsv/Tuono stand��

  3. #3
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    South Yorkshire uk
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    It's the 04-07 Fireblade that you want or a USA spec gen 2 Rsv/Tuono stand��
    On the gen 1 you can also use a blackbird side stand, only needs a small hole drilling to put the side stand switch in the correct position
    Thanks from leslie

  4. #4
    Evil Twin Tash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    County Durham
    Posts
    304
    The Gen 2 never really had a problem with the stand's, it was the Gen 1 that needed changing

  5. #5
    Evil Twin leslie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ollerton Center of Sherwood Forest North Notts
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post
    The Gen 2 never really had a problem with the stand's, it was the Gen 1 that needed changing
    Thanks Tash, I've had a Gen 2 but I cant remember as it was always on a stand unless I was out and about, hopefully this week.

    Leslie

  6. #6
    GP Champ felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Harrogate
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post
    The Gen 2 never really had a problem with the stand's, it was the Gen 1 that needed changing
    Sorry Tash... Gen 2 does suffer...

    My Gen 2 stand was shite. Park up on a windy day and you just watch it rock. OT was parked up at Hartside on his and someone came into the cafe and gave him a heads up that it was close to falling over.

    Also, if you get a rear puncture - it will fall over

    Leslie - The other option is the Genuine Aprilia Gen 2 USA side stand - its much more substantial / longer and kicks out further - you also need their bracket to go with it. Come up quite often on usa ebay - just search for kick stand. (but beware you may have to pay import duty !)

    Just my 2p !


  7. #7
    AMA Pit Boss garry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    5A
    Posts
    2,177
    and by any chance you come across a spare............... i,m also on the hunt...

  8. #8
    Evil Twin leslie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ollerton Center of Sherwood Forest North Notts
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Sorry Tash... Gen 2 does suffer...

    My Gen 2 stand was shite. Park up on a windy day and you just watch it rock. OT was parked up at Hartside on his and someone came into the cafe and gave him a heads up that it was close to falling over.

    Also, if you get a rear puncture - it will fall over

    Leslie - The other option is the Genuine Aprilia Gen 2 USA side stand - its much more substantial / longer and kicks out further - you also need their bracket to go with it. Come up quite often on usa ebay - just search for kick stand. (but beware you may have to pay import duty !)

    Just my 2p !

    The US option looks a good un,,,cheers

Similar Discussions

  1. Side stand
    By pugslee in forum Aprilia Tuono 1000
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 24th, 2014, 01:50 PM
  2. side stand
    By Mossy in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM
  3. Side stand - before and after
    By sparky in forum Pictures
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: August 18th, 2011, 02:39 PM
  4. side stand? again
    By bigjohn69 in forum Aprilia RSV Tuono
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 21st, 2010, 03:40 PM
  5. New side stand
    By doc.heckle in forum Aprilia RSV Tuono
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2008, 01:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1